Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sherried Pork

I like to name my recipes. Any dish that is actually a recipe is not for me. Tonight I was feeling creative so I carmelized some onions, added slices of portobello mushroom, lemon pepper, and olive oil at medium low in a big frying pan. After a good browning I slid the onions and mushrooms to the side, added a little more olive oil and two boneless porkchops. I cooked them with more lemon pepper, both sides, for about ten minutes at medium low. I added a cup of water, two cloves of chopped garlic to the sauce made by the deglazing onions, and covered for another 10 minutes. I turned the meat over and cooked another five before serving in a salad bowl with a teaspoon of sherry added to the sauce, and a pinch of salt to pop up the flavors. Very nice. Needs bread and either artichoke with butter or asparagus, though you could also use steamed/boiled broccoli. Very nice.

1 comment:

  1. Tonight I threw together a random assortment of ingredients I had laying around for dinner. Some sirloin from my quarter side of beef, thinly sliced. Carrots, onion, fresh ginger, garlic, and a mixture of greens from my farm share: spinach, tatsoi, and "spicy greens." I stir-fried the carrots, onion, ginger, and garlic, fried the beef strips in a different pan, threw some rice wine vinegar over the veggies, added the greens, let them wilt, added the beef, stirred the whole mess around, and presto, dinner. It was perfect.

    ReplyDelete