Saturday, February 6, 2016

Early Spring, Briefly

We're having a brief few days of warm weather here in the Sierras. It snowed here last Tuesday. I got to drive through it down the canyon past Rough and Ready before the rain started to hammer down the rest of the way to my internship/job at the Yuba College library. Today its 67'F outside. I got to drive home from my local library volunteer job with my windows open. It was lovely. The sun is shining, people are riding their motorcycles and bicycles or driving with the top down on their sports cars. Dad took his Porsche to the local club meeting near Kmart, had "cars and coffee" and talked with the various porsche owners and hot-rodders who meet there. Hot Rodders aren't US-only snobs here. They will say nice things to the Mini owners, and the Porsche guys because its still about cars, after all. We'll eat burgers off the grill tonight, always a favorite, and I think I'll bake some fries too. Tomorrow is the Stupor-Bowl, and I suspect I've seen most of those ads on Hulu already. Still, I'll watch some of the game. It will be fun. I even bought good beer for the event: Black Butte Porter by Deschutes Brewery, started by a marine veteran who created lots of jobs in his home town, near Bend, Oregon. Its a very consistent beer and I appreciate its flavors. It is not for sissies or pounding. This is a heavy beer.

So, with my window open and a porter to sip I am enjoying the rest of my day. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment