Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Townie Bicycle

The Arko Bici Townie is a bicycle rescued from the scrap heap, once a mountain bike, it was painted and converted into a nice looking townie bicycle in its home in Slovakia, formerly the eastern half of Czecho-Slovakia. Its got nice subdued colors, comfortable handlebars, and really very pretty leather pannier bags. A proper townie should keep the street mud off your clothes, so they require fenders. This bike reminds me a lot of my own, and gives me ideas on what to do to correct it. For now, my bicycle is ugly dark grey, not the best color for riding in traffic, but despite its looks it is very comfortable to ride. I have similar handlebars, being the most comfortable and upright so my wrists and neck aren't hurting despite the loss in uphill power. On flats, its great. Unfortunately, I live in a place with hills. Steep ones.

This bike looks good, which means it will be stolen. That's the trouble. Only ugly bikes are left alone. Nice bikes are strictly for fun rides and never parked in public.

No comments:

Post a Comment