Saturday, October 25, 2014

No Time For Scooters

Normally, I'm all in favor of high fuel economy, cost effective transportation, and scalable transportation. Today it was pouring rain. I would NOT want to be out in that on a scooter, getting soaked, weakening my immune system for flu or cold or ebola (which is the new black plague). Since viruses are transferred on paper and book covers, shelving books might be just as dangerous as working a retail job in the coming plague, but that's another story.

My new tires worked great, and my car has working windshield wipers, for which I am grateful. I got from there to there with no problems, no slips and no squeaks or danger. I am glad for that. I don't think it would have been a safe commute on a motorcycle or scooter with all the standing water on the road, and the rain obscuring vision. Its also pinecone season. I have to think that hitting a pinecone in the road, when it is wet like this, might drop the bike and maybe kill you on the spot.

I think most people who eventually end up with a scooter as their only way to get around will find themselves calling in and getting fired, rather than blow their savings on a weather-related traffic accident. And managers who insist workers risk their lives getting there are going to end up stabbed in their offices by the survivors or their families. Managers really need to understand the risks they take when they smirk at other's suffering. It can really kill you, and you'll deserve it. Sometimes you have to accept production slowdowns due to weather. And if you get fired over it, well that's better than getting someone killed and being stabbed by their angry brother, isn't it?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to discuss that, I feel strongly about this and so really like getting to know more on this kind of field. Do you mind updating your blog post with additional insight? It should be really useful for all of us. scooter

    ReplyDelete