Monday, January 18, 2016

Rains Update

This month we've gotten 1-2 inches of rain per day. This is pretty typical for an El Nino year. The drought is ended. Note that the local weather station on Wunderground.com only picked up 18% of the real rain total. They show .58 inches. Wrong!

Last night it stormed hard and gave us 3 inches of rain in 10 hours. That's a lot. There were flash flood warnings down in the valley relating to this storm. It is snowing up on Donner Pass right now. A big storm. I just checked the live webcams on I-80 and there's around 6 inches of new snow at Soda Springs, which is near the top of the pass. It is dawn so its pretty, but I'm sure glad I'm not trying to drive through that.

It stopped raining a few hours ago so I'm heading out for a walk while I can. You need your exercise when you can get it when the weather is like this, and my walks are very healthy. I've got The Fifth Elephant on my ears (nothing like the Fifth Element).
Here's a review by some guy on YouTube. Its a good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment