Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Rain

So it was super hot a couple days ago. 100'F. Summer, ya know?

Yesterday we had 30 mph winds all afternoon, up out of the Valley, from the Southwest.

Last night, right around the time I was ready to head off to bed, it started raining. The rain came from a Tropical Storm named Blanca, which formed off of Baja California (Mexico) and broke up, spinning off its energy into storms that surged into California and Arizona, before curving up through Nevada and then came down from the East, despite the wind that had been blowing from the West. Picture that. It rained all night. It has rained all day, though the rain, such as it is, is very light. Its more like its dripping. I went for a walk this morning and didn't get wet, that's how far apart the drops are.

As I predicted, this is El Nino weather. I expect there will be more storms like this. El Nino makes it easier for Tropical Storms to form by warming the waters north of the Equator. Those storms shatter as they move up the coast towards me, and then they surge as a Monsoon into Arizona and the Mojave desert down south of me. I expect a lot more of these storms this summer. And I expect the rains this Fall to start early, in late August, and dump 100 inches, because that's what happens in historic droughts here in California. Every time. You can count on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment