Tuesday, November 13, 2012

2013 Honda CB500F

Dear Honda,

Thank you! The CB500F motorcycle looks like the sort of machine I want to buy. It's practical, affordable, and fills the gap. You will end up selling a lot of these, I think.
Some say this should be lighter or faster or have an aluminum frame to save weight. I don't care about that. I like that it's enough power to climb my local mountain highways and the looks are decent. I don't have to limit myself to buying a 250cc anymore, or paying a little too much for 300cc.
If you make this bike that's full on old school standard and put a 500cc air cooled engine in it, that would be just about perfect. I happen to think that motorcycle riders are getting more rational about their choices, not less. Something to do with the available incomes to pay for it and gasoline prices providing the excuse to ride a bike for your daily commute. Classic lines and just the right amount of shiny chrome, an unpretentious riding position, its practical and beautiful. That fits the definition of elegant.


Sincerely,
A motorcycle enthusiast

No comments:

Post a Comment