Thursday, April 4, 2013

Blink * Blink * Blink

My bicycle lights are installed. That was only about 20 minutes work. The spoke lights activate when the wheels move, then stop a minute later. The pedal lights have dynamos in them so aren't free spinning like a normal pedal, however you hardly notice it when you're using them. They're brighter in motion, dimmer when stopped, turn off after a couple minutes of being stopped. Pretty cool technology.

Once I get my shiny reflective tape I'll be figuring out where to put that. I'm thinking most will end up striped on the back fender, since that's a big black surface that ought to reflect. Might put some on the helmet too. Another good surface that should be seen.

Headlight and taillight are pretty standard LED with pushbutton activators and quick releases. Nothing automatic there, but they use AAA batteries, which is a plus. Its tempting to bike to work tomorrow, but Friday traffic in the evenings is sketchy. And we got an inch of rain today instead of the expected 1/10th like the news claimed. Rained until 4:00 PM. Wolf Creek is running high and fast, right past our back door.

Also, the English Beat is playing the center for the arts downtown tomorrow night. I'm kinda shocked. I often forget that with rich people living here, bands we're nostalgic about SHOW UP. How weird is that?
I don't do well with crowds and I've got family things tomorrow evening with my brother visiting, but its still cool they're playing here. English Beat was one of the first CD's I ever bought. Mostly for the above song. We were listening to Reggae today, old school, on Pandora, due to preference of my new assistant, Tracy. She's a friend of my boss's sister Penny. Tracy is helping us bottle lots of product for upcoming trade shows for my work. Its a lot to get done and looking at doing it solo was making Wendy and I both hyperventilate. Help is much appreciated. We're almost situated. I kinda wish some of our racks were taller to hold more stuff, but that would mean I'd be the only one to reach the tops, since I'm tallest in the shop. I'll be relieved when the final bits of equipment arrive, get installed, and work. And the new software. At that point I can figure out what my real work load will be like, and actually get out of emergency mode and focus on stable planning instead of reacting. Reacting has its place, but its very tiring.

1 comment: