Friday, May 8, 2015

Plotting Novels

I have plotted out the general points for two novels. One is longer than the other. I plan to stick the characters from the first into the second, to illustrate points about how lifestyles have changed, and how expectations from civilization (and these are expectations, even conceits), have changed. It is good to do this sort of thing. I have enough plot there for these two books and a friend of mine thinks I should create a dollar a month subscription setup for readers. I am not convinced I could get a following like that. Its a wonderfully optimistic idea, mind you, but I'm a Pessimist. Things always get worse. That's how life is. Anyone who says different is selling something.

I'm almost done with my semester of classes and need to finish up a few more projects, cataloging being the most annoying of them. I have learned that cataloging is currently done in a stupid way. I'm definitely from the "get it done and post it" school of thought.

The thunderstorm on Wednesday night turned into clouds and scattered showers on Thursday is now clear and breezy today. There's going to be a formula 1 race in Barcelona on Sunday, and there will be qualifying Saturday. I've driven the course on my Xbox many times and its rough on tires because it is smooth and fast but has long and sharp corners so they get pretty damaged when you try and pass people. The best place to pass is a long sweeping turn, since most cars driven by the AI hug the inside of the turn there. If you can pass there, you can win. I'm curious to see how these hybrids do on this course, since braking overheats their batteries, causing the rear brakes to fail, locking up the fronts and wrecking cars in really dangerous ways. Honestly, the new hybrids are quite dangerous. Dad is right that they should lose the electronics and go back to V8 and V6 turbos. That removes 200 kg of battery weight and means the drivers can eat a meal sometimes.

Anyway, better get back to my studies. Intellectual property quiz and an essay on the same. Sigh. Done soon, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment