Thursday, July 25, 2013

Good News

My divorce is final today. I got the call from my lawyer's office. I am no longer married. Legally, I cannot remarry for 6 months from today. I am not in a hurry. I am told by others that good women exist.

I found a site with GIS data, free, that I could select and their server compiled the layer. It takes them about 10 hours to run the data, then they email you to download it. Copy it into the Garmin folder, and it becomes an available map layer. I now have accurate street maps for where I live without paying $129.99 for software. I might find some DEM (shaded relief) layers to add, purely for looks. Since I bought a decent storage space GPS, I didn't even need a card to make it work. Just plugged in the USB and hey presto! I'm pretty stoked, because free is synonymous with really cheap. I used to WORK, and GET PAID to make stuff like this, the map layers I mean. So its nice to see its still easy for me despite that being over 10 years ago.

We had pork ribs tonight. 1 hour in a covered dish at 350F in the oven. I made oven baked fries too, salads, and sweet corn. Dad was happy, so was I. Very tender and delicious meat. I pity vegetarians. They are missing out on so much flavor, and easy protein too.


No comments:

Post a Comment