Monday, February 11, 2013

Washing Your Car Brings Rain

I just finished washing my car. I do this rarely, mainly because it is parked outside and the cleaner it is, the more bugs climb on it (many are attracted to the color white) or birds crap on it (some consider white to be a mating-challenge color). Also, for some reason, whenever I wash my car, it rains withing a couple days, even in the summertime when there's a drought. I don't get that, but its often the case.

My car has a lot of chips in the paint, and it hasn't been waxed in a long time. I hope to put some wax on it later, once the air temp is warm enough for it to stick. Its about 56'F right now. A little chilly for Carnauba wax. Since we're having mostly sunny days in the mid to low 60's with a couple hours of rain every 8-10 days this winter, washing and waxing the car does make sense. It might stay clean and dry for a whole week.

I also filled my tires with the right pressure air. Most were a little low, slow leaking valves being pretty normal. Considering how cheap a tire pressure gauge and an air pump are, I'm surprised everyone doesn't carry that in their car trunk. They weigh about a pound and can literally save your life if you actually use them once a week.
You might think this is so basic it deserves no comment, but I have noticed many people don't seem to know them anymore. It's like adults who can't cook. How did that happen?

I just want to keep my car going as long as I can, until the oil runs out. When I upgrade, I want it to be something which can burn whatever fuel is available, efficiently. And it had better be AWD/4WD because the roads here suck and sometimes have snow or black ice on them.

I also want a motorcycle for daily commuting when the weather is nice, like today. Something vintage, with style and grace. I don't even mind a kickstarter so long as it really runs reliably and can pull me up the hill and sometimes take me for a picnic at Sardine Lakes. I wanted a scooter, but the roads are so bad, it would be suicide.

UPDATE: Just finished waxing the car. That was a lot of work. Its shiny now, and every flaw in the paint stands out. Looks like there's some polishing in my future, and some touch up spots needing done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment