Thursday, February 7, 2013

Wine: Red: Menage a Trois (vineyards)

I got a job, at a local company. I'm very pleased about this. To celebrate, I have purchased several different Zinfandels, in the $6-7/btl range. I will review them in following days, as they are uncorked and tasted.

The first, which I am tasting now is called Menage a Trois: Red. Its a blend of Zinfandel, Merlot, and Cabernet Sauvignon. Its... WOW. A very full bodied red. The Zin and cab are both peppery and loaded with cherry flavors, a hint of peach and maybe apple. The merlot rounds it out and smooths its finish as a lingering aftertaste. I really recommend this wine. I plan to buy it again. Its fantastic.

You really appreciate good wines after drinking bad ones. The $2 Buck Chuck equivalent wasn't very good, but I could afford it and cheap wine is better than no wine at all. Then they jacked up their price 25% and removed them from the modest discount list. I said: "huh?" Then this job turns up and I can afford to spend a little more and get a lot more. Wine is, after all, good for you. Remember that men are allowed, according to doctors, two drinks per day because it reduces stress and prevents heart disease. Those are good things.

No comments:

Post a Comment