Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pumpkin Pie Mocha

I'm pretty sure that Starbucks makes a pumpkin pie spice mocha, but I don't spend $5 for a single cup of coffee these days. I spend $10 and buy a couple pounds of coffee to enjoy for a couple weeks. Its a thing.

So I was in the mood for a pumpkin pie spice mocha and opted to throw one together.

1 T caramel sauce
2 T heavy cream
1/4 tsp cinnamon
pinch nutmeg
pinch cloves

Stir until spices are floating in mix, add hot fresh strong coffee. Top with whipped cream and more cinnamon.

Obviously, there's no actual pumpkin in here, but the spices do nice things to the coffee and since their oils dissolve miscibly into the other oils, like the cream and the coffee itself, it works. The caramel provides the touch of sweetness. I don't like very sweet pies. I prefer them spicy or sour. Its a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment