Sunday, September 1, 2013

Rain In The Night

Woke at 1 AM last night needing the restroom. After, I lay awake. At 2 AM it started to rain, huge splashing drops. My sunroof was open so I hurried to dress and rush out to close it. Soaking wet, I found Dad was up closing windows in the house and we both marvelled at the rain. The huge splashed suddenly stopped and we went back to bed. I couldn't sleep and radar showed more storms coming every half hour or so, but what didn't show were short showers every 15 minutes. I don't know if it will rain more today or not, but I wouldn't mind. Its September, and rain is normal for September, at least when I was a kid. I do hope this will be the year that the Pineapple Express kicks in and we get rain for 40 days straight. It was mostly fun. You could justify owning a raincoat and rain boots and a proper umbrella when it was like that. Its also warm, since the rain comes from Hawaii.

No comments:

Post a Comment