Friday, June 7, 2013

Hot

The low last night was 75'F. That's not a low. It never cooled off. Today its supposed to hit 100'F here. It will be closer to 107'F in Sacramento down the mountain. Damn hot. I'm glad the A/C at work is functional. I will be using it and keep cool. The fan I've got in my bedroom is crucial for comfort so I can sleep. I don't know how I slept in this place before I got a fan. It's miserable in here without it.

Yesterday I saw a young man riding a Honda 650 enduro with his motorcycle helmet, shorts, and thongs. Not safe, but probably comfy in the 90'F heat of the late afternoon. He was moving very sedately in the traffic on Ridge road, such as it is. Likely the same guy I saw a couple days ago.

This morning I woke at 4 AM in the barest glimpse of first light, not sure why. Not even the birds were singing yet. Figured it was low blood sugar so ate a bowl of Raisin Bran before testing. It was low, but not superlow. I took insulin, read a little while, then went back to bed. Woke up again at nearly 8 AM. This is not a problem because work is at 9 AM, and my commute is literally 5 minutes. I think I should look closer at a Super Sherpa, as that's a  nice compromise between a Standard and an Enduro, assuming I can't find something that's a proper old scrambler, complete with chrome. I will look into it more.

Off to work. Have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment