Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Maybe I should give up blogging

I started this blog for the express purpose of practicing my writing. I'm good at non-fiction, though I drift into political rants rather easily because the economy sucks and I know who to blame. Or rather who not to. I feel maladaptive in an economy without any moral center, without ethics beyond getting rich over any obstacles. Too many people I have met disturb my calm. And I'm finding it harder and harder to smile.

Maybe I need a break from this. From commenting, from expressing opinions online, from writing non-fiction. Maybe its time to get back to fiction because op-ed is making me more depressed. Because commenting on politics and world news and stuff I can't fix just makes me feel helpless.

I'm not making business connections. I'm not finding work. I'm not getting anywhere but depressed. And what I write here can be used against me. So I guess it is time to end this project as a failure and move on. Maybe do something useful instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment